25 ml of lemon juice
250 ml of milk
170 g oatmeal (traditional)
100 g brown sugar
125 ml of oil
125 g flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
half a teaspoon of baking soda
pinch of salt
175 g of haskap berries
Ingredients for about 12 muffins
- Pour lemon juice and milk into a larger bowl. Add oatmeal and leave it for an hour.
- After an hour, add eggs, brown sugar and oil to the flakes. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix dry ingredients together, i.e. flour, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mass with the flakes and mix until completely combined.
- Add berries (whole or crushed – as desired).
- Metal molds for muffins grease with butter (silicone or paper do not need greasing.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes or a dry stick.
- After removing the muffins from the oven, wait 10 minutes to cool down.
- Muffins ready to be served.