30g butter at room temperature
30g of sugar
120ml of warm milk
5ml of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 package of dry yeast
80g of haskap berry jam
Powder sugar for sprinkling
Any vegetable oil for frying
Tip: donut cake should be prepared in the evening and set aside overnight to rise.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Add yeast and mix again.
- Add half a glass of flour to the mass, stirring well each time.
- Place the dough on a floured top and knead for a few minutes.
- Put the dough into a bowl, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place for several hours to rise until it doubles in volume.
- On a medium heat, warm up the oil in a pan / fryer / saucepan.
- Baste medium-sized balls from the dough, then fry on two sides, until golden brown.
- Place the donuts on a paper towel.
- After cooling, make a small hole in each donut, and with a spoon or sprinkle, put a jam inside. At the end, sprinkle donuts with powdered sugar.
- Donuts ready to be served.